- Changing Icons in Android Pie
- Waking up the Moto G3 under Android Pie
- Upgrading to Android Pie on the Moto G3
- Modifying the Netflix key on an Nvidia Shield TV remote control
- Updating the GRUB2 boot menu
- Verifying a Linux Mint ISO file with a GUI
- The Recycle Bin in Asus File Manager
- Removing a “missing” PPA
- LineageOS 14.1 receiving OTA updates again!
- And in that very moment… a cock crowed
Category Archives: Web browser
Running Update Manager resulted in an error message to the effect that a Personal Package Archive (PPA) for the Opera web browser, was missing and/or unavailable.
For a number of years my web browser of choice has been Firefox; however, the release of Version 57 (Quantum) broke all the “legacy” add-ons that I was using. (See: “Farewell past, happy dreams of days gone by”) My solution … Continue reading
As everyone is aware, modern web sites are full of advertisements. I can live with (and pretty well ignore) static adverts. The things that really drive me crazy are video clips – and especially the associated audio tracks – that … Continue reading
Today’s issue in Linux Mint – or more specifically in Firefox Version 43.0 running under Linux Mint – is a warning message indicating that an add-on(s) has been disabled.
Sometimes when trying to find a text string in Firefox, by using the Edit – Find command, it’s difficult to locate the result on the screen because of the text highlighting colour. One of the things I really like about … Continue reading
It never fails to amaze me how the Linux community comes up with obscure fixes to obscure problems – well, at least, obscure problems/solutions to me!