- Synchronizing IMAP folders in K-@mail
- Moto G3 – Navigating XDA Developers
- Adding Location to Android 7.1’s Quick Settings
- Bluetooth on a Moto G3 won’t connect in the car
- Rooting the LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM
- Installing a Custom ROM in a Moto G3
- Turn off notification sounds in K-@mail
- Android system apps that are safe to delete
- Uninstalling (Android) system apps with a non-system app
- When is (Android) root not root?
Category Archives: GRUB
Mint 17.2 has recently been released and I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that all I had to do was keep installing the usual series of updates and the OS would automatically be updated to the new version; however, that … Continue reading
Booting the Asus T100 into Ubuntu Linux takes forever – but why? To find out, we need to show the commands being executed as they occur and/or to review the commands used at the end of the boot process.
Want to know more about the internal workings of Linux? The Linux Foundation is making their on-line Introduction to Linux course freely available through EDX.
After reminiscing about the past few years in the last two postings, it’s back to business after the installation of the new release of Linux Mint 16 (Petra) went pear shaped.
On occasion, it may be necessary to re-install grub. This is especially true if, like me, you keep mucking around with disk drives – and partitions – until the computer will no longer boot! It’s then time to drag out … Continue reading
Well, my PowerPoint – actually LibreOffice Impress – presentation on the basics of Ubuntu Linux, given to members of the Ottawa PC Users’ Group a few days ago, went quite well. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the live … Continue reading