- Synchronizing IMAP folders in K-@mail
- Moto G3 – Navigating XDA Developers
- Adding Location to Android 7.1’s Quick Settings
- Bluetooth on a Moto G3 won’t connect in the car
- Rooting the LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM
- Installing a Custom ROM in a Moto G3
- Turn off notification sounds in K-@mail
- Android system apps that are safe to delete
- Uninstalling (Android) system apps with a non-system app
- When is (Android) root not root?
Tag Archives: Mate
Some time ago I was experimenting with a bash script to safely remove a USB drive (see: Running a bash script in a program launcher). My plan was to issue a umount command and then provide a message that it … Continue reading
Several years ago I found out how to switch the window controls from the left side to the right side of an active window. Now, it appears that the developers of the Unity desktop Ubuntu Linux have eliminated this option.
I have always included a “read” command at the end of a bash script if I wanted to pause the script, and keep the terminal window open, after the pre-programmed command sequence terminated. Recently, instead of running a script by … Continue reading
Mint 17.2 has recently been released and I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that all I had to do was keep installing the usual series of updates and the OS would automatically be updated to the new version; however, that … Continue reading
Do you use LibreOffice Impress and own an Android smartphone? Want to use your smartphone as a remote control for your presentations? Look no further. Download LibreOffice Impress Remote from Google’s Play Store.
The official release of Linux Mint 17 (Qiana) was made yesterday. Qiana is a long term support (LTS) version and, as such, will be supported for five years (i.e. until 2019), making this a very desirable product. Downloading and installing … Continue reading
Linux Mint 16 doesn’t seem to want to auto-mount a 4TB external USB drive, even though it is perfectly happy to do so for a 1TB unit.