Even given the ultimate success with file transfers as noted in the previous post, one minor issue I found with the Software Data Cable app for Android was that, by default, FileZilla could only access the “sdcard” mount point for the local storage on my Acer A100 Iconia tablet. My preference is to store files transferred from my PC on the external SDcard installed in the tablet. Fortunately, the fix is very easy. With Software Data Cable running, navigate to Settings and enable Lock access in ROOT (“/”). This allows access to the /mnt/external_sd/ folder of the tablet.
- Rooting the LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM
- Installing a Custom ROM in a Moto G3
- Turn off notification sounds in K-@mail
- Android system apps that are safe to delete
- Uninstalling (Android) system apps with a non-system app
- When is (Android) root not root?
- Yet another text editor
- Minimized applications disappearing
- TWRP Custom Recovery – MIA
- Disabling System Apps on a Smartphone